The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

snow : (

The snow has made it difficult for me to get to class today, so I'm going to post my first draft of my ode.

Ode to Mashed Potatoes

The fork
Is your deceiver
Do not call him your prince,
But a marvelous princess
You are.
Wanted by
The village
Folk
Carrots, peas, and broccoli,
Whom await your
Courtship.
First on the
White, flat, platform
That aligns
All together.
The one you
Choose will
Accompany
Your buttery
Skin
Down the
Matrimonial
Black hallway
Your creamy
Arms wrap
So tightly
Around your
Delicious
Companion.
What beauty
Blends from
Your tasteful
Union,
Feeling warm
With the knowledge
 Of a happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't help laughing a little when I read this, but in a good way. I love mashed potatoes as well, but never really stopped to think of them in such a vivid manner. So seeing such effort put into describing this dish gives me a good chuckle. I love your word choice, and the way you present your poem with no more than a few words per line. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete