The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Friday, April 1, 2011

Revisions I Make

I have made revisions based on suggestions from Professors and from students who have read my work. I generally take all the ideas I am given, and incorporate them into my finished draft. For example, when revising my Ode, there were certain words like "juicy" that I had use; I was given the suggestion that "juicy" wasn't an appropriate word to describe mashed potatoes. I was given word suggestions such as silky, buttery, creamy, and steamy. Although at the time of writing my Ode I did not realize the misplacement of juicy, after careful revision and help from outside readers I was able to find a word that suited perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment