The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Post-moderism

Post Modernism Write-up
Taken from The Repairman

    My wife threw open the curtains, the sun stung my face, and I instantly retracted my pillow. (page 1).

    Hand clutching, body moves in position. Right left, right left. Moving through texture, on my own. Hearing voices, only one, clouded by emotion, struggling to keep attention. Cold, warm, how can it be both. A hand, a soft hand. Motioning through a cover. Waking up, waking me up. We are in unison, years taunting our lives. Helping me help her, unaware, tempted to reveal. Secrets cross our sheets, should I tell her. Tick, tock, tick, rip, scratch, pull. Green, yellow, on and off colors. Choices are made, hands clutch the green, rip. I am wake.



Examples of Post-modernism literature:
Molloy, Malone Dies, Unnamable by Samuel Beckett

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment